Education in Chemistry

Lund University

Credit transfer

As a student at Lund University you have the right to apply for credit transfer from previous Swedish or international education.

To be able to apply you must be admitted for and carrying out studies here. 

Credit transfer for exchange studies

For exchange studies there are special routines regarding documents/merits. Always check the rules for credit transfer for courses at the university you will study at beforehand. Also check how many ETCS credits the courses you will take are equivalent to at Lund University before you leave. 

General information about credit transfer for exchange studies can be found on the Natural science faculty webpage.


You apply for credit transfer using the form below, which you then hand in to the Student office. The application consists of the form as well as documents/qualifications. Remember to apply in good time for your credit transfer. The processing of your application may take up to eight weeks.  

Application form

You must attach certified documents/qualifications to your application.

  • For a completed course: course certificate and course syllabus, including required reading list
  • For an incomplete course: certificate of enrolment and course syllabus, including required reading list


If you are granted a credit transfer, it will be entered into Ladok.

If your application is rejected, you may appeal against the decision to the Higher Education Appeals Board, pursuant to Chapter 12 Section 2 of the Higher Education Ordinance. Send your appeal to:

Higher Education Appeals Board
Lund University
Box 117
221 00 Lund

Processing of your personal data

Documents concerning credit transfer are registered. In the handling of your application, your personal data will be processed in accordance with current legislation.